Thursday, September 3, 2009

29 Down ... 7 To Go!

Well, as the title states, I have undergone 29 radiation sessions and ONLY have 7 more to go (last one scheduled for 9/15 ... WHAOO). My skin started really breaking down, so they switched my radiation plan a bit. Originally I was scheduled for 28 whole breast radiation sessions and then 8 sessions of a more "focalized -- boost" radiation. Well when the skin started having issues, they thought instead of giving me a break for a few days to give my skin a chance to heal, they would start the boost and then continue with the whole breast radiation after the 8 sessions. Which is where we are today. I can't believe we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

I went back to work on Tuesday full-time and realized by the end of the day that my body just couldn't handle being at the desk for 8 hours. My energy was zapped, my arm had some mobility issues, plus the radiation issues. So I will now be working 4 hours per day for the next few weeks and go back to work full-time on the 28th. This way it gives me a chance to ease back into work and get my strength back.

Sorry to be so short today, but I'm pooped!!!!! Thanks for hanging in there!

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you! Was about to email you to say I was missing your blog updates :). Can't wait to hear any tips you can offer from your radiation experience...I'll be having 6 weeks of it myself after chemo is over. ;/ I bet the crew is happy to have you back to work but don't push it - listen to your body. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. back to work full time... ok Im saying it out loud ARE YOU NUTS???? ok it was the '8' hours a day that cracked me up! You look after you - we'll all be here waiting for you both (and the work will be here too!) talk soon jin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lady - I heard that your were back in the saddle! Agree with the previous comments that you must take it easy!! I sure miss hearing your voice :-)Praying everyday for your strength and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete