Friday, July 24, 2009

No Tattoo Today!

Well went to the hospital today for the 2nd stage before the actual radiation treatments that start on Monday. The whole process is extremely smooth, ran my scan card through the reader, went to the lounge to change into one of those beautiful hospital gowns but didn't even get a chance to sit down before they took me back to "The Room". You can tell that they put allot of thought (well almost) into this room to try and make it soothing for those that are coming in for treatments. There are beautiful murals on the walls as well as those woodsy scene murals. Definitely spa like (haha). This might actually not be so bad (if you believe that then I have nice bridge to sell you!!). Once I was on the table, they started with their sharpies again (I think I need to buy stock in that company). Now I have a whole new set of black "x's" and black lines all over my chest! They then took a new slew of pictures while I had to stay still. It was then that I realized that it must have been a male that designed the room .... Think about it ... not able to move, your hands are holding these pegs behind your head and you have to stay perfectly still for 15 minutes and what do you have to look at ... not those serene murals, but some stinky boring white acoustic ceiling tiles. The least they could do is make them interesting! Paint a scene on them, paint them different colors, instead I will keep thinking of that old joke ... "beige, beige, I think I will paint the ceiling beige". Also did not get the tattoos today, seems those will come on Monday.

So this was the exciting part of my day today. Hope yours was more interesting than mine! Have a great weekend and will talk to you on Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Kathie you should tell them to put something on the ceiling - I bet if you spoke up they'd do it. What kind of things have they suggested for minimizing the pain/effects of the radiation? One woman in my support group said that putting aloe lotion on immediately afterward (as in, while changing out of the gown while still there) has made a huge difference for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't forget to contact Katy!

    By the way, did I ever mention how happy I was the first time I saw your nice BIG house with a bathroom on the first floor. (ha, ha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be thinking of you on Monday (and every day!)... let me know when you are ready for your cookies!!

    ReplyDelete