Thursday, June 18, 2009

Good Morning campers! As you may be able to tell, I am not Kathie but that short sighted, bumbling Mr. Blaggoo. Kathie had a mostly restful night, as restful as you can get when they wake you up every two hours to check your vitals and ask if you are sleeping. Today they are trying to ween Kathie off of the Morphine and onto Vicadine. Kathie says she feels like Dr. House, if she starts walking with a cane we could all be in a bunch of trouble.
As I write this, Kathie is sleeping, she has spent most of this morning in that state. I was able to get her to eat some fruit cocktail, some crackers and her juice (plus some liquifidied Italian Ices). The surgical assistant came in this morning to check on her progress and change her bandages and claimed that all looks well - so far so good.
I read the emails that you sent to her this morning and that brightened her up. She would like me to tell you how much she appreciates your kind wishes and all of your concern. She asks that you include Julie in your prayers, and hopes that those that know Julie will send her words of encouragement today as Julie is having a tough day. It is amazing that these two women are going through almost the exact illness and treatment, my bet is on these strong, positive and incredible women. Cancer doesn't stand a chance against these amazing women and their incredible supportive friends and relatives.
Love to All

5 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers to go out to you and your family. I know what a difficult time this is, but I know you have the strength to make it through and come out swinging. I hope you feel better. Lots of love and hugs from NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kathy! I've been following and haven't had a chance to post until today. So glad to see that you are doing well after the surgery, and glad to see that the nausea didn't last too too long. I've been keeping you and Julie both in my prayers and in my thoughts and want you to know that I am fighting with you in spirit!! And so glad you have Robert and your family by your side! XXXXXOOOOOO - Sylvia

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that just like you Kathie! Asking that we remember someone else -- you are unselfish even when facing a crisis of your own. But that is why we all love you and care about you so much. I emailed a bit w/Julie last night and she did exactly the same as you. Asking me to remember you. You two are amazing.

    I'm so happy you have hubby there. He's doing a good job of updating the blog. More later.....

    All my love & prayers to you and Julie,
    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even imagine what these women are going through but these blogs certainly give me a clear picture and can only say I wish I had their strength. I love you Kathie and think about you so much. Your family is such a rock - Love to you all..and just know someone in Tysons Corner is thinking of you constantly and sending you warm and loving thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathie with a cane - I think NOT! Unless, of course, it's lined with clear and pink diamonds and then I might be OK with that. Hey they changed your bandages! You lucky girl - I'm still wearing the same ones they put on my last Friday LOL. I stink! (literally) LOL. So you can add "stinky" to the list of my new nicknames.

    I'm glad your surgery went well. Bob is doing great updating all of us - he's a keeper! :)

    Love you and fighting with you my love. But, being strong and a fighter doesn't mean you can't express the fear and worry too - let it out when you need to and know that I'm here to help you through this. Together we're kicking cancer's ass!

    ReplyDelete