Saturday, June 27, 2009

Have had a difficult last couple of days, nothing earth shattering, just don't feel like I am making the progress that I was earlier in the week. The tumor pathology is still not in yet, so nothing to report on that front. I guess there is a part of me that doesn't want the rest of the news so waiting isn't causing any anxiety.

Have had a very difficult last 2 days. As I no longer have the drains, the fluid is accumulating under my arms and is making things uncomfortable (feels like the size of two hard boiled eggs on top of each other). This is causing the skin on the already swollen arms to chafe the skin on the sides of my torso. Can't find any clothing that feels comfortable and topless just doesn't cut it (haha). I am not sleeping well as I can't find a comfortable position and trying my best not to be cranky. I just asked Robert if I was being cranky and he said no. But then again, he is a smart husband who would say "no dear" to just about anything at this point. Gotta love that man!

There was a gay pride festival in town today that I was looking forward to going to for a little bit, just to get a change of scenery. But decided this morning that I just didn't have the energy to go. So I am learning to listen to my body. Well if at least I have to learn to listen to someone, it might as well be myself!

Jeez just read the above and boy do I sound whiney! Things could be so much worse and here I am complaining about not sleeping, chafing skin and the "friggin" ring of fire (how it feels under my skin). Ok, sorry for that and will work on getting out of my "pity party" or whatever you want to call it.

I am so grateful for all of your support, my family and the test results so far. I promise to come back tomorrow with a better attitude.

Love, Cranky

8 comments:

  1. You are not being cranky at all you are being a realist - if you hurt say you hurt, if your cranky say your cranky cause Lawwwwd knows I do !! lol .. girl hang in there, I know it must be tough and I know you rather be hanging with the gay people at the parade, but look at it this way... you spared yourself being groped by men you can't even play with!!! LOL. I hope I made you laugh..hang in there... PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and i hope you got my organic fruit basket from harry and david!

    ReplyDelete
  3. are losts of my messages to you somewhere out ther in cyber space.
    yOU have got to be kidding about the complaining. I know women that would carry on more about a broken nail. You are incredibly strong and brave. Besides complaining a little keeps our Spitzer boys on their toes. Only kidding. I know what gifts we have in our men.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was complaining about how I keep loosing messages to you. Off I go . It's back to blogger school for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello - pleeeeze cut yourself some slack. I am really glad to see you expressing some of what you feel. You have gone through a tremendous amount and have earned the right! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathie,
    Tell Robert to try Zinc Oxyide on your chafed skin. Remember mine? That was the only thing that helped! Yes you can be cranky and don't push yourself, it just takes time!!!!!
    So take this time to make you feel good!
    Pam and Eddie Favocci
    PS - I hope you got my comic and you laughed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kathie - ask your surgeon if they can draw the fluid out with a needle - it's not the nicest thing in the world but it will help if your drains may have been removed a bit too early...LOTS of women that have this surgery have to go in for needle aspiration of fluid after the drains come out and it could make you much more comfortable. I have a little bit of that happening on my left side where I actually still have one drain in - the side where numerous nodes were removed...and it's normal - combination of post-surgical swelling and fluid accumulation from the drains being gone - in my case I started with 2 drains this side and now have 1 compensating for when there were 2 there. My last drain should be coming out tomorrow thankfully. I know about the discomfort you're describing - having it myself and I'm soooo sick of feeling this way. I still have 2 ace bandages wrapped tightly around my chest to keep the remaining drain close to my skin and I can't wait to ditch them and finally be able to put on a real undergarment instead ;/.

    Anyway, whine away - we're entitled, don't you think!?

    PS - light massaging of the swollen, numb and tingling areas has helped me gradually regain more feeling in my upper arms this past week so maybe you could try that too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey - not sure if this might help re the chafing... BODY GLIDE.. it comes ina solid stick (like deoderant) has no smell and stops chafing - its very light to put on and if you couldnt use the stick (if that was too much pressure on your skin) you can easily apply by hand.

    Its used by athletes to stop chafing.. EVERYWHERE... so just sharing if it helps -

    and hang in there chicky - you are a ROCKSTAR and never forget it!
    jin xx

    PS you can get bodyglide at any sports shop

    ReplyDelete