Monday, June 22, 2009

When "Nurse Debbie" came this morning, she indicated that the area still did not look good and it had grown from the night before. All this before I was able to finish my first cup of coffee! So she was going to call Dr. Hart's office to try and get me in to see her today and would call me around 9:30 am with the time of my appointment. Wouldn't you know it, at just that time, our phone decided to take a mini vacation. After Robert called the phone company, they said they would not have it back in operation until around 6:00 pm. Of course it didn't have the courtesy to go on the blink after I received my appointment time, no ... that would be too easy.

Got into the Dr's at 2:00 (she came into the office just to see me as she was in surgery earlier that day). Dr. Hart took one look at me, shook her head and I could tell by her expression that she thought Nurse Debbie was nuts. She told me to stop taking the antibiotic and that most likely the area was a spot that she had cut a bit too close to the skin so was irritated. Definitely like that woman's approach and directness. So we are still on for our appointment tomorrow for my post op visit. She indicated that she might take out 1 or 2 drains but that I should not get up my hopes that the pathology report would be back yet. DAMN!!!!

Also will be visiting the plastic surgeon tomorrow for a pre-op visit. Not sure how beneficial that appointment will be since we won't have the pathology report back in time, plus if the pathology reports indicate the lymph nodes were malignant, then radiation might enter the picture which would put the reconstruction surgery on the back burner (no pun intended).

The joy of waiting ...

But I did get to watch Oprah today and learned what type of jeans to get to fit your body! Colleen if you get to catch the after show you will like it ... Stacey London was the guest.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you still have your sense of humor! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so what's the benefit of the visiting nurse exactly? LOL ;) I'm glad it wasn't a fungus or infection - geez louise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what kind of jeans will fit my bod? The one BEFORE the five lbs of "worry weight" that I just put on!!! Yes, it's your fault that I ate those reeses peanut butter cups... Glad to hear you are infectionless. Keep up posted on your future "double D's". I miss you and want to come play when you are ready. I will bring lunch minus the bottle of celebratory wine in our future!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete